Ingo Lies Founder and owner Chamäleon
- 70% of the tour price goes to the destination, to the local partners, accommodations and tour guides.
- 59 social, income-generating und ecological projects worldwide are supported by the Chamäleon foundation.
- 15 million square meters of rainforest have been purchased and proclaimed as nature reserve so far. For the carbon footprint, for the animals, for the indigenous people. Every guest receives a plot of 100 m².
- For 0 Euros climate-friendly to the airport: Rail&Fly is included.
- 650.000 plastic bottles are saved each year thanks to our “NatureBottles” which are filled with fresh water for our guests.
- With 5.000 Euros endowed: Our accommodation award for outstanding investments in processes and facilities with which the local partners support our idea of sustainable tourism.
- There are already over 16,000 trees in the Chamäleon forest on the Yucatán Peninsula. In cooperation with Plant-for-the-Planet, we have been planting trees there for every guest who books via a travel agency since 2019.
Since its founding in 1996, Chamäleon's goal has been to be a pioneer in the development of sustainable tourism.
Sponsoring the following projects
The tourism industry is a major contributor to global warming, accounting for around 8% of all emissions. In order to substantially and measurably reduce the absolute carbon emissions of the industry and also to help customers choose more climate-friendly holidays, Futouris and its members are developing a standard for the calculation of carbon emissions from the individual components of the (tourism) value chain.
Reducing the plastic waste generated by tourism and improving the recycling of unavoidable plastic waste on Balearic Islands – these are the goals of the industry project "Plastic-free holidays on the Balearic Islands" the Futouris members are implementing together with the Government of the Balearic Islands.