1st Workshop on Connecting Sustainable winegrowing with Hospitality Services
On May 21 and 22, the 1st Workshop on Connecting Sustainable winegrowing with Hospitality Services takes place on Crete. Representatives from all partners of this Futouris e.V. project get together to initiate the bridging of those two important sectors of economy of the island.
Among the participants are representatives from Futouris e.V., TUI Austria, TUI Hellas, TUI Magic Life Club, Local Food Experts sce, Lyrarakis winery, St. August Group of Winegrowers, Sbokos Hotel Group, Metaxas Group of Companies S.A., Agapi Beach Hotel, Cretan Malia Park Hotel, Creta Maris Beach Resort, Candia Maris Resort & Spa.
The workshop will address the issue of sustainability at the individual farm level and will contribute to improved communication between farmers, winemakers, hoteliers and tour operators. During the first day, workshop objectives include references to:
- Brief presentations of profile and sustainability policy of project partners,
- Sustainable wine production in tourism destinations today,
- Indigenous grape varieties and Cretan Terroir,
- Field implementation and development of the project,
- Half a century of devotion to the vineyards of Crete,
- Sustainable wine production from the viewpoint of producers,
- The Project’s connection with the hospitality services.
The second day of the workshop includes a tour to the mountain vineyards with indigenous varieties, where many surprises are organized by Lyrarakis winery and the St. August Winegrowers. More details will be available in the next Newsfeed!
Durch die Bewahrung einheimischer Rebsorten und einer engeren Kooperation zwischen Weinbauern und Tourismusbranche soll Kretas Entwicklung als nachhaltiges Weinanbaugebiet und Reiseziel im Mittelmeerraum gefördert werden.